Saturday, December 31, 2022

SGX Portfolio Update Dec-2022 and Year End Dividend Summary

Acquisitions:

- Bought CDG at near 52 weeks low with recycled capital from selling of SIA

Dividend / Profit Taking / Cut Loss:

- Received dividend from MLT, MIT, ST Eng and SIA

- Sold partial of SIA @ 4% loss @ near 52 weeks high, not really agree with the Air India transaction, so decided to reduce my holding

Current Portfolio Capital Gain / Loss:

- Red @ -12%

Watch list:

- 3 SG Local Banks, MLT, MIT

2022 dividends summary:

Total cash dividend received in 2022: $2,435, 90% increment from last year.

Average dividends per month: $202.90

Total Portfolio Market Value: $63,127

* Dividends are recognized after payment

Realized profit from trading: $570.07

DBS Vicker rebate: $17.67

Total "passive income" in 2022 = $3,023

Total gain / loss (to-date) = 0.00%, breakeven

Here are the comparisons with the targets that I set during beginning of the year:

1. At the beginning of the year, I expect to increase my portfolio size to $65k, in reality I only manage to build a portfolio with current market value of $63k

2. At the beginning of the year, I expect my dividend income this year will increase to $2k. I have received a total dividend of about $2.5k which is above my expectation.

3. At the beginning of the year, I expect my portfolio will breakeven with market value. In reality I am sitting on paper loss of 12%. The biggest paper loss are still HS Tech ETF and TG. I hope with relaxing of COVID rules can bring some benefits to the HS Tech ETF. However for TG I have loss my hope, I don't think it will recover within 5 years.

4. At the beginning of the year, I hope my overall gain will achieve 3%. In reality, my profit for the last 4.5 years are wiped out by the paper loss.

In summary, another bad year for me as an investor, except for the increase of dividends received compare to last year.

My expectation for next year are:

1. Increase my portfolio size to $77k

2. Increase dividend to $3k

3. Breakeven with the current market value

4. Overall 3% gain

I will continue to build my portfolio in REITs and Blue Chips next year in order to further increase my dividend income.

I will also consider to add more SG local banks when the price is right.

I am planning to put some cash in FD since the interest rate has gone up to 3%+.

Let's prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment