Saturday, September 19, 2020

The Storm Has Arrived

 


Finally is my turn to received the notice of contract early termination.

I kind of expect it to come since my project has been deferred, but I assumed that I will have my position secured until end of the year. The bad news come 2 months earlier.

This is the second time that I encounter the loss of income in Singapore. It took me 5 months to land for a new assignment last time, I hope this will not repeat again.

I have started to mass sending my resume out and hopefully can get an offer before the end of my contract. To keep the ball rolling, I do not mind a pay cut or demote to a lower position. 

My plan current is:

1. Look for new job
2. If no offer by mid of Oct, will consider to work as delivery driver
3. Monitor share price and sell some when price is right (not really feasible with the current SGX market condition) 

It's really a bad timing to loss my source of income as I am still in bunch of instalment that I spent for my new house. Worst come to worst I will pay only partial of my credit card bill and let bank charge me interest for the outstanding balances. I hope this will not happen, I hate to pay interest to the banks.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment