Thursday, August 26, 2021

ST Index Beh Sai?

Been reading some articles and debates about ST Index VS other indexes like S&P500, DJI and so on, STI is the worst performer among them.

STI may not be the best performer in term of growth, this is mainly due to the 30 constituents are mainly traditional businesses and REITs, which we won't see much grow compared to growth stocks in other indexes.

To me STI ETF is one of the best for wealth preservation. Although there is not much growth opportunity, but with 3-4% dividend, it gives much better return than Singapore Saving Bonds and fixed deposit. Furthermore, by using POSB RSP, the commission fee is lower than other brokers out there. I personally has been using POSB RSP to dollar cost average the STI ETF for the last 3 years, so far it has gave me decent return.

I think is all drill down to the risk level that you can accept, for me I am happy with the stable outlook and decent dividend that given by STI ETF. If I am 10 years younger, I might be more risk appetite, but since I am already in the 40s, I believed STI ETF is one of the best investment out there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment