Monday, September 17, 2018

Google Pixel 2 XL Charger Suddenly Not Working

Syndrome: phone not charging when plugged in the original fast charger

Diagnose: using the normal usb A to usb C cable and Xiaomi powerbank, it works. Not phone usb port problem.

Solution: I did a quick google search and found out a lot of peoples are having the same problem, and what they did is sending the phone for RMA and exchange a new set.

I try not to send in for RMA as I do not want to go thru the hassle and long waiting process so I will go for the soft and hard reset option first. So I reboot the phone and try again, not working. Then I disable developer setting, reboot and try again, finally it works.

Suspect: Before this happened I use the original usb c to 3.5mm female dongle to use my wired headphones, it didn't work. Apparently a lot of users of Pixel 2 XL also having the same problem, so I suspect this messed up the setting for the phone to use fast charge by the original adapter

After that I never tried the usb c to 3.5mm female dongle again, not sure it is working or not after I disabled the developer setting.

Hope this will help for those is experiencing the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment