Thursday, December 31, 2020

SGX Portfolio Update Dec-2020 and Year End Dividend Summary

Hyflux - Taking the hit this year, recognized full loss and move on

NikkoAM-STC Asia REIT - Recover to 1.1x level, green position. Will consider to add some if price falls below 1.00

SIA - Drop back at 4.2x level, phase 3 is here but the virus is still around, traveling still cannot resume to normal

OCBC - Lingering around 10.xx level, still in red position, will hold for long term investment

CapitaLand - Recover to 3.2x level, however still in red position, will hold for now

Genting Singapore - Hold steadily at 0.8x, will hold for now

ComfortDelGro - Drop back to 1.6x, will consider to add for recovery play

Singtel - Drop to 2.3x, digital bank license not pushing up this counter, will hold for now

NetLink NBN - Hold steadily at 0.96 - 0.97

iFAST - Take the opportunity to own a small position when it drop to 2.xx, current market price is 3.00, green position  

HSTech ETF - Take opportunity to ride on HK tech stocks. So far so good, green position.

UOB - Take opportunity to own a small position of this bank, before pandemic, UOB share price is matching with DBS, now DBS already recover to 25.xx and UOB still sitting at 22.xx, I believe a lot of room to grow here

Watchlist - DBS, AEM, UMS, Venture for equity, REITs and ETFs for safe dividend play

Currently my portfolio is sitting at red -9%.

2020 dividends summary:

Total cash dividend received in 2020: $1,017, again 2x compared to 2019

Average dividends per month: $84.75, still a long long way to go

Total Portfolio Market Value: $30,132

* Dividends are recognized after payment

Realized profit from trading: $661

Total "passive income" in 2020 = $1,678

Capital gain / loss (to-date) = 2.17%

I made some purchases this month, funding from the sales of DBS and Fraser L&I Trust previously. These new counters are:

iFAST - for growth

HSTech ETF - for exposure to HKEx tech stocks

UOB - for dividend and recovery

In the beginning of the year, I target to increase my SGX portfolio size to $40k, unfortunately due to many unforeseen circumstances throughout the year, I failed to achieve the target. I also expect my portfolio to turn green or at least breakeven this year, and this did not happen either. Many opportunities arises when the market dip in 2nd quarter but I dare not to jump in due to the tight cashflow and the fear of losing my job. Bad timing!

My expectation for next year are:

1. Increase portfolio size to $40k (includes funding by SRS)

2. Increase dividend income to $2k

3. Breakeven with market price

4. Overall 5% gain

Year 2020 has been a tough year to me, I hope next year will treat me better.

Happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment